OPENING GALA: Friday August 12 6:00pm-9:00 (Private event)
PERFORMANCE PRESENTATION: Saturday August 13 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Rosario Arce, born in Bolivia, studied in the National Conservatory of Music, which she attended for Four years receiving her formation as a singer. Rosario Arce has a unique style in the Bolivian folklore and the international Latin-American music. She sings in Spanish, English, French, Quechua and Aymara (Bolivian native languages). For more than two decades, has remained as one of the most requested and the most popular artist in the Toronto multicultural events as well as in the world of Latin American culture in Canada. Rosario has performed in Mexico, Bolivia, Cuba, Chile, United States and several provinces in Canada. Rosario shared stage with great international artists such as Canadian singer Michael Burgess and Danny Fernandes, Celia Cruz, Charlie Za, Olga Tanon, Cumbia Kings, Los Kjarkas, Los Jaivas, Alvaro Torres and many others. Rosario received much praise from both print and broadcast journalists and was declared to be the most elegant Latin-American Female Singer in Canada.
Main Stages that have recognized Rosario Arce’s talent:
- Drummondville World Festival, Quebec – Canada. (For 3 consecutive years) Singing in front of 20,000 people
- Centre Marcel-Dionne – Quebec
- CBC/Radio Canada – Montreal
- Canadian Heritage Festival. Winnipeg
- Roy Thomson Hall. Toronto
- Harbour Centre, Toronto
- Wonderland. Toronto
- Skydome Centre. Toronto
- Ontario Place. Toronto
- Huaso de Olmué Festival. Santiago Chile
- OTI festival. Toronto
- Bolivian Song Festival – Bolivia
- PanAm Games. Hamilton – Ontario
Some of her Awards:
- Bolivian Embassy in Canada officially recognized Rosario Arce as “Ambassador of Bolivian and Latin American culture in Canada”
- Rosario Arce received a recognition from the Bolivian Government in Bolivia as: “Representative of the Bolivian Culture in Canada”
- Received recognition from the House of Commons of Canada for contributing and exposing Canadians to both Latin American and Bolivian music.
- Received recognition from Police Community Partnership. Toronto for her support of the police community events through her performances
- Winner of “The Latin Achievement Award” as “Best Female Singer. Award received at Roy Thompson Hall in Toronto.
- Winner of “The Gold ASALAV Award” as Best Female Singer in Toronto.
- 3 times Winner “CIRV Radio Song Festival” (Best singer and best original song) in Toronto.
- Received recognition from the Canadian Friendship Association for Latin Americans for her excellent work exhibiting Latin American Culture in Canada.
Six Music productions are part of her Musical history:
- “From an Open-heart”,
- “The best of Rosario Arce”
- “The last Kiss”
- Shared production with Latin-American celebrities
- Shared production with Portuguese well-known singers
- Shared production with Latin-Canadian singers
Rosario Arce is already part of the Latin American and Canadian cultural integration movement. Her versatility, her music, her talent, her selfless dedication to the art of singing in different languages (English, French, Quechua, Aymara and Spanish): led Rosario to the hearts of a multicultural audience.
You can buy Rosario Arce’s songs in iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazons, Google play. Follow her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.